From accidental breakage through to a flood, theft, burglary or a catastrophic loss such as a fire or earthquake our possessions are always at risk. Contents insurance covers the contents of your home including:
- Household goods and personal property
- Furniture and furnishings, rugs, lamps, blinds and curtains
- Clothing, footwear and cosmetics
- Jewellery and watches
- Domestic appliances
- Computers, laptop computers and tablets
- Tools, gardening equipment, domestic garden appliances
- And many more…
Like house insurance, there are different types of contents covers, each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The most import thing, is to have the correct amount of cover in place for your possessions. Be aware of the limits on the policy for certain items. If you have items that are especially valuable such as jewellery or watches make sure they are “specified” on your policy and keep valuations up to date.
Use the handy guide to ensure you have the correct cover value in place to replace your valuable treasures.